Experiment: Beck Profile Visualizations
In May I spent some time in the Werkstatt playing with new materials in an attempt to create 3D-representations of responses to the Beck Depression Inventory and Hopelessness Scale.
- Beck Depression Inventory: a 21-question multiple-choice self-report inventory used widely for measuring the severity of depression.
- Beck Hopelessness Scale: a 20-item self-report inventory designed to measure three major aspects of hopelessness including feelings about the future, loss of motivation, and expectations.
- Depression & Anxiety Inventory
- Hopelessness Scale
Selected Articles & Resources
- The Measurement of Pessimism: The Hopelessness Scale. Beck, Aaron and Arlene Weissman, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 1974.
- Psychometric properties of the Beck Depression Inventory-II: a comprehensive review. Wang, Yuan-Pang and Clarice Gorenstein, Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria, 2013.